For Adults – Students
If you’re an adult or teen you can register for the Summer Reading Program, too – a chance to win prizes by tracking the number of books you read – ask at the Circulation Desk.
- August 7, 2023 – Monday – 6 pm FILM SHOWING: Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret. PG-13, 105 min., 2023. Space limited. Downstairs meeting room.
- August 12, 2023 – Saturday – 12 pm FILM SHOWING: The Bad Guys. PG, 100 min., 2022. Space limited. Downstairs meeting room.
- August 22, 2023 – Tuesday – 6 pm FILM SHOWING: Jerry and Marge Go Large. PG-13, 96 min., 2022. Space limited. Downstairs meeting room.
- September 5, 2023 – Tuesday – 6 pm FILM SHOWING: The Man From Toronto. PG-13, 110 min., 2022. Space limited. Downstairs meeting room.
- September 11, 2023 – Monday – 6:30 pm FILM SHOWING: Guy Ritchie’s The Covenant. R, 123 min., 2023. Space limited. Downstairs meeting room.
- September 19, 2023 – Tuesday – 6 pm JACKIE COCHRAN: AVIATOR – A Living History Performance by Karen Vuranch Cochran is one of America’s most remarkable women, known world-wide, holding more aviation records than anyone – she emerged from poverty to become a prominent businesswoman & aviator in the mid-20th century. A must-see show for adults, students.
- September 28, 2023 – Thursday – 6 pm FILM SHOWING: Inside. R, 105 min., 2023. Space limited. Downstairs meeting room.
Book Clubs – Contact the Library to find out what Book Club gatherings are scheduled.
Watercolor Classes – Contact the Library to find out if there’s room for a new adult student. Classes usually meet on Tuesday afternoons and are conducted by Gussie Smith. Pre-registration is required.
The Summer Reading Program – Along with having special events, the SRP lets kids track the books they are reading and earn rewards. It is aimed at Pre-Schoolers thru 6th Grade. Sign up at the Library. The theme for SRP in 2023 is: “All Together Now.”
- From May – August 2023 – at Noon on the Second Saturday a MOVIE suitable for children or families will be shown.
- June 6 @11: Making Ice Cream with WVU Extension Office (REGISTRATION REQUIRED)
- June 8 @11: Whirls and Twirls Around the World:
- Stories and Crafts in Kenya with Vicki Howsare
- June 12 @6pm: Collage Pop Art with Michael Albert June 15 @11: O’Ryan the O’Mazing @ the Strand June 20 @10-6pm: WV Day Scavenger Hunt-
- Explore Moundsville for Clues!
- June 22 @11: Traveling Trunk with the Cockayne Farmstead June 27 @11: Therapy Dog with Kim Whipp
- June 29 @11: Tony M. Music @ the Strand
- July 11 @11: Plants and Pollinators with the Schrader Center July 13 @11: Seeds and Sprouts with Nicole Shipman
- July 18th @11: Archaeology-Themed Scavenger Hunt at Grave Creek Mound Ages 5-8 (REGISTRATION REQUIRED)
- July 18th @1: Exploring Archaeology @ Grave Creek Mound Ages 9-12(REGISTRATION REQUIRED)
- July 20 @11: Rock N Roll Pet Store Kids Show
- July 25 @11: Introduction to American Sign Language with Mickey Massey August 1 @11: Painting with Rosalee Christy, Grades Pre-K to 3rd Grade (REGISTRATION REQUIRED)
- August 1 @1pm: Painting with Rosalee Christy, Grades 3rd to 6th grade (REGISTRATION REQUIRED)
- August 3rd @11: “Goldilocks and the Three Bears” by Steven’s Puppets August 8 @11: A Visit with the Vagabond Chef
- August 10 @11: Pop-Up Farmers’ Market with WVU Extension Office
- August 10 @11: End of Summer Reading Program Party
Pre-school Story Times are scheduled during the school year, usually at least one session a week. Pre-registration is strongly encouraged. Starting with September 15, 2022, Story Time for Preschoolers and Toddlers will be on Thursdays at 11 am.
Contact the library for details about the Happy Home Schoolers meetings and Game Day.
Assorted board games are available.
All events are Free and Open to the Public unless otherwise noted. See individual events for specific audience levels, space limits or registration requirements and related details. Some programs may be Virtual (attended online) or may be Off-Site (attended in-person but at a location outside the library). Please contact the library with questions or for more details.
Thanks to officials and agencies of Moundsville, Marshall County, and the state of West Virginia. Thanks to our many supporters and community donors, including The Evan G. Roberts Trust through Truist Bank, and The Robert Baker Family. And special thanks to our patrons, participants and presenters.
Please check the Library’s Facebook Page for the most current info and updates about programming, events, services and special announcements.