For Adults – Students
- October 20 & 27, 2022 – Thursday – 7 pm At Grand Vue Park Aerial Adventure Park Shelter 1 – CAMPFIRE STORYTELLING Performed by Rich Knoblich. Gather ‘round the blazing hearth and enjoy great tales, from funny to frightful! Bring snacks, blankets, etc. Family fare for the season.
- October 24, 2022 – Monday – 6 pm FILM SHOWING: Death On the Nile. PG-13, 127 min., 2022. Space limited, reservations recommended. Downstairs meeting room.
- November 9 Wednesday 6 pm LIVING HISTORY PORTRAYAL: Cass Elliot Performed by Karen Vuranch. This charismatic member of the iconic band of the 60s, The Mamas and The Papas, was known for her large size but an even larger voice and spirit – a colorful and indomitable figure of the time. Learn about her life in this Chautauqua-style storytelling performance by one of our favorite presenters.
- November 14, 2022 – Monday – 6:30 pm FILM SHOWING: Where the Crawdads Sing. PG-13, 125 min., 2022. Space limited, reservations recommended. Downstairs meeting room.
- December 5, 2022 – Monday – 6 pm FILM SHOWING: Elvis. PG-13, 159 min., 2022. Space limited, reservations recommended. Downstairs meeting room.
Book Clubs – Contact the Library to find out what Book Club gatherings are scheduled.
Watercolor Classes – Contact the Library to find out if there’s room for a new adult student. Classes usually meet on Tuesday afternoons and are conducted by Gussie Smith. Pre-registration is required.
The Summer Reading Program – Along with having special events, the SRP lets kids track the books they are reading and earn rewards. It is aimed at Pre-Schoolers thru 6th Grade. Sign up at the Library. The theme for SRP in 2023 is: “All Together Now.”
- December 8, 2022 – Thursday – 11 am PUPPET SHOW: A CHRIS MOUSE TAIL presented by the Pittsburgh Puppet Works. Holiday storyline aimed at preschoolers to age 8.
- December 13, 2022 – Tuesday – 6 pm CHRISTMAS SING-A-LONG with a VISIT FROM SANTA. Wesley Howsare will provide the music. Treats afterwards.
Pre-school Story Times are scheduled during the school year, usually at least one session a week. Pre-registration is strongly encouraged. Starting with September 15, 2022, Story Time for Preschoolers and Toddlers will be on Thursdays at 11 am.
All events are Free and Open to the Public unless otherwise noted. See individual events for specific audience levels, space limits or registration requirements and related details. Some programs may be Virtual (attended online) or may be Off-Site (attended in-person but at a location outside the library). Please contact the library with questions or for more details.
Thanks to officials and agencies of Moundsville, Marshall County, and the state of West Virginia. Thanks to our many supporters and community donors, including The Evan G. Roberts Trust through Truist Bank, and The Robert Baker Family. And special thanks to our patrons, participants and presenters.
Please check the Library’s Facebook Page for the most current info and updates about programming, events, services and special announcements.